Day 04 – Kandy / Nuwara Eliya City
Day 04– NuwaraEliya
- After breakfast at the hotel, Proceed to Nuwaraeliya known as Little England
- En route proceed on Kandy city tour and tea plantations and ramboda water fall
- Visit beautiful waterfalls in Hill country
- Check in to the hotel & relax
- Overnight Stay at the hotel
NuwaraEliya, known as the garden city of Asia for its hills, valleys and waterfalls, is 6,182 feet above sea level and is situated at the foot of Mount Pidurutalagala, Sri Lanka's highest peak. NuwaraEliya was discovered in 1819 by Sir Samuel Baker, the famous explore who discovered the source of the Nile. Thereafter, an English village was established, the remains of which can still be seen. The colonial government habitually moved to NuwaraEliya for 3 months of the year: March, April and May, when Colombo was warm and humid. Since then, thousands of domestic and foreign tourists sojourn in NuwaraEliya, to relish the salubrious climate, play golf, enjoy the park, admire the high grown tea plantations, visit the Hakgala gardens grown tea plantations, visit the Hakgala gardens and travel to Worlds End at Horton Plains, where there is a sudden drop in the terrain of several thousand feet.